stumbleUpon

Friday 7 October 2011

Two days.

Am pooping myself about Sunday. My running pack is through, I have had my last run and all I can do now is try my very best. As I write this I have a bag of frozen peas on my elevated knee thanks to my first running injury. Exquisite timing as always. I did 6.56 miles today in 82 mins. The main reasoning for this was to prove that I could in fact run more than 4 miles. Had a slight panic attack when I read that if you stop within the first 4 miles you are instantly disqualified. Also you are not allowed mp3 players. Oh and the last half marathon runner is expected back in 3 hours. Today I proved to myself that I am capable of achieving all of these things but in the process have ballsed up my knee. To be fair I did go for my run at 5:50am then come home, shower, have breakfast and trek into town. It was 20% off in Topshop. What is a girl to do? I then proceeded to not eat all day, walk to my friends then walk home. Unfortunately on the way home I started to feel quite ill and dizzy. That is when I realised that I hadn't eaten and if I didn't get to a shop soon I would most definitely pass out. Which I did. In public. That is the last of my dignity gone then. I feel fine now though, apart from my knee which has been covered in deep heat. I smell fiiiiiine.

I am seriously hoping it will be a case of mind over matter. 

Things I learnt today:
  • Scraping my hair back is not a good look for me (oh hai massive chav).
  • Singing the Rocky theme tune in your head is highly motivating when running.
  • When you have no music you have very odd thoughts, for example what song you might have at your funeral and who you might invite. (Positive thinking as always).
  • It is important to eat so you don't pass out.
One positive of Sunday is that I get to see my niece and sister for the first time in a month. If I run fast enough we will even have time for a Nandos BOOM. I have such a support network wishing me well for this God damn run I don't want to let anyone down.

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far and if you haven't already, get your finger out yeah? I JOKE. Except not really..


Now I am going to sleep in preparation for all the carbs I am going to eat tomorrow. Apparently people have "pasta parties". Best sort of party I can imagine.

I'll check in tomorrow when I am hyperventilating with nerves. Look forward to it yar?

Your shattered friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment